Lunch: Chicken nuggets, fresh dinner roll, Baked sweet potato OR mashed potato/gravy, seasoned green beans, rosy applesauce, ½ pint of milk
Youth & Government: We will meet on Thursday, Nov. 12 from 6:00-7:30pm to revise bills and bill briefs and work on Lobbyist Position Papers and LA Forum Proposals.
Lunch: Southwest pizza or Cheese quesadilla, tomato soup, buttered corn, diced pears, fruit slushie, ½ pint of milk
Lady Bullets Alumni Basketball Game All former Lady Bullet basketball players are invited to join us on November 13th for an alumni game following our Purple/Gold scrimmage at 6. Please contact Coach Halford at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up. If you are planning on joining please include a shirt size.
Attention Sophomores: Deadline to apply for the Hoby Leadership Conference has been extended until Tuesday, November 17th. Please see Mrs. Chladny if you are interested.
1:00 - Girls Swimming IHSA Sectional Swim Meet: Good luck to Morgan Fleck, Gabby Gwaltney, and Ashleigh Sinks as they swim for the Bullets at Champaign Centennial High School.
Class Dues are collected every year by class sponsors in lieu of fundraisers. Money collected is used to pay for the Junior Class Prom and the Senior Trip. It is not collected in registration and should be paid directly to a class sponsor.
· Freshmen Pay $20 dues to Mr. Beard, Mr. Martens, Mrs. Whitten, or Mrs. Beard
· Sophomores Pay $20 dues to Mrs. Walsh
· Juniors Pay $20 dues to Mrs. Sturgeon
After Prom Lottery Calendar Winners:
11/6/2015 $50 994 Adam Shotts
11/7/2015 $50 522 Cindy Edwards
11/8/2015 $50 121 Stacey Long
11/9/2015 $50 283 Wayne Rottinghaus
11/10/2015 $50 882 Cindy Hale
11/11/2015 876 Unsold Ticket
Juniors After Prom Meeting for All Junior Parents 6:00 PM, November 18, WHS Cafeteria
WHS is looking for an outstanding sophomore to represent our high school at the 2015 Hugh O'Brian Youth (HOBY) Leadership Seminar. Each year HOBY empowers 9,000 high school students to excel as leaders and innovators. Sophomores who are interested in advancing their leadership skills should see a guidance counselor to apply for this competitive opportunity. Find out more at: http://www.hoby.org/
2015-2016 Yearbook - Jostens, our school's yearbook publisher, has been sending out emails this year to students and parents to purchase yearbooks for 2015-2016 school year. These are legitimate emails, and yearbooks can be purchased by following the instructions in the email. This is the first year Jostens is using this email system.
Community Service Opportunities
are being sought to assist with the Sherman Holiday Wonderland at the Sherman
Athletic Club on Sunday, November 15, 2015. Volunteers will be needed on
Sunday, November 15, 2015, helping venders unload from 7:00-9:00 a.m. and
working the Welcome Table from 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., and additional volunteers
are needed on Saturday, November 14, 2015, to help set up from 7:00-8:30 p.m.
If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.
· The Sherman Elementary School library is looking for students to assist with making labels for the spines of library books. This task would be working at your own pace. The library will get you the books that need the labels, and they will share a template for the labels with you on Google Docs. Please see Mr. Martens if you are interested and/or have any questions.
· Capitol Radio Group is sponsoring the Bridal Extravaganza at the Crowne Plaza on Sunday, November 15, 2015. They need volunteers to help with unloading and setting up the vendors from 7:00-10:00 a.m., working vendor relations during the event from 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., and cleaning up from 3:00-4:00 p.m. Volunteers may dress casually (jeans and t-shirts) for the unloading/setting up and cleaning up, but those working the vendor relations during the event need to be dressed nicely. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.