Parent-Teacher Conferences 8:00-11:00 AM
5:00pm - Pre Leg I- Youth and Government
7:00 PM - VB Super Sectional at Warrensburg WHS vs. Bloomington Central Catholic
Class Dues are collected every year by class sponsors in lieu of fundraisers. Money collected is used to pay for the Junior Class Prom and the Senior Trip. It is not collected in registration and should be paid directly to a class sponsor.
· Freshmen Pay $20 dues to Mr. Beard, Mr. Martens, Mrs. Whitten, or Mrs. Beard
· Sophomores Pay $20 dues to Mrs. Walsh
· Juniors Pay $20 dues to Mrs. Sturgeon
Attention Sophomores: Registration is open for the HOBY Leadership Summer Conference. Sophomores chosen to attend this conference will develop hands-on leadership activities, meet leaders within our state, and explore personal leadership skills. Interested students must exibit outstanding communication skills, strong decision-making skills, charismatic personality, and have participation and/or interest in community service. WHS will choose two HOBY Ambassadors from the students who apply. Please see Mrs. Chladny or Mrs. Damery if you would like to apply. Deadline to apply is November 13th.
After Prom Lottery Calendar Winners:
11/1 Kent Johnson $125
11/2 No Winner Unsold Ticket
11/3 No Winner Unsold Ticket
11/4 No Winner Unsold Ticket
11/5 Carol Morse - $50
Parent-Teacher Conferences November 5 & 6, Sign up online! CTRL-click on the link:
WHS is looking for an outstanding sophomore to represent our high school at the 2015 Hugh O'Brian Youth (HOBY) Leadership Seminar. Each year HOBY empowers 9,000 high school students to excel as leaders and innovators. Sophomores who are interested in advancing their leadership skills should see a guidance counselor to apply for this competitive opportunity. Find out more at: http://www.hoby.org/
2015-2016 Yearbook - Jostens, our school's yearbook publisher, has been sending out emails this year to students and parents to purchase yearbooks for 2015-2016 school year. These are legitimate emails, and yearbooks can be purchased by following the instructions in the email. This is the first year Jostens is using this email system.
The Williamsville Vocal Music Boosters (WVMB) will meet on Monday, November 9th at 6:30 p.m. in the high school teachers lounge. All choral parents are welcome to attend. We hope to see you there!
Lady Bullets Alumni Basketball Game All former Lady Bullet basketball players are invited to join us on November 13th for an alumni game following our Purple/Gold scrimmage at 6. Please contact Coach Halford at email@example.com to sign up. If you are planning on joining please include a shirt size.
Juniors After Prom Meeting for All Junior Parents 6:00 PM, November 18, WHS Cafeteria
Community Service Opportunities
· Sherman Elementary School is hosting their Scholastic Book Fair in conjunction with Parent-Teacher Conferences, and they need volunteers for various functions (set-up, baggers, poster puller, online ordering, customer helper, back-order volunteer, teacher wish list helper, and clean-up) to work two- or three-hour shifts on the following dates: Sunday, November 13:00-5:00 p.m.; Wednesday, November 43:45-5:45 p.m. and 5:45-7:30 p.m.; Thursday, November 512:30-2:30 p.m., 2:30-4:30 p.m., 4:30-6:30 p.m. and 6:30-8:00 p.m.; and Friday, November 67:45-9:45 a.m., and 9:45-11:30 a.m.; and Sunday, November 83:00-5:00 p.m. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.
Middle School is hosting their Scholastic Book Fair in conjunction with
Parent-Teacher Conferences, and they need volunteers for various functions
(set-up, baggers, poster puller, customer helper, back-order volunteer, and
clean-up) to work two- or three-hour shifts on the following dates: Sunday, November 13:00-5:00
p.m.; Thursday, November 512:30-2:30 p.m., 2:30-4:30 p.m., 4:30-6:30
p.m. and 6:30-8:00 p.m.;
and Friday, November 67:45-9:45 a.m., and 9:45-11:30 a.m.; and Sunday, November 83:00-5:00
p.m. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.
· Capitol Radio Group is sponsoring the Bridal Extravaganza at the Crowne Plaza on Sunday, November 15, 2015. They need volunteers to help with unloading and setting up the vendors from 7:00-10:00 a.m., working vendor relations during the event from 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., and cleaning up from 3:00-4:00 p.m. Volunteers may dress casually (jeans and t-shirts) for the unloading/setting up and cleaning up, but those working the vendor relations during the event need to be dressed nicely. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.