Lunch: Teriyaki chicken or Popcorn chicken in orange sauce, brown rice pilaf, stir fry vegetables, baby carrots, mandarin oranges, mini honey grahams, ½ pint of milk
Y&G Meeting Wednesday from 6-7 p.m. for Legislators and Lobbyists. Other members are welcome to attend, but the primary focus will be writing bills for Pre-Leg I.
Emily Shifflet, Joe Morrow– Please come to the office
4:30 pm Boys Soccer – Sectional – WHS vs. Urbana U-High- Bus leaves at 2:00pm, please dismiss at 1:50pm.
Lunch: BBQ rib patty sandwich or Cheesy garlic flatbread, roasted cinnamon squash, sweetened strawberries, pudding cup, ½ pint of milk
Boys Basketball- There will be open gym Tuesday before school starting at 6:15 A.M. and Thursday after school until 5:00 this week.
6:00pm - Freshman Football @ Athens High School – Bus leaves 4:45pm
6:00pm - Varsity Volleyball @ Illini Central High School – Bus leaves 4:45pm
Lunch: Loose tacos or Crispy fish taco,
buttered corn, refried beans, rodb20151021e lettuce, tortilla chips & salsa,
diced peaches, ½ pint of milk
Last call: Sign up for the practice ACT in the guidance office by Friday, October 23. The practice ACT will be November 5 from 12:30-3:30.
7:00pm - Varsity Football vs Riverton High School – Senior Night – Paint the Field Pink for Cancer Awareness
10:00am - Cross Country @ IHSA 1A Regional @ Franklin Outing Club in Franklin, IL
Class Dues are collected every year by class sponsors in lieu of fundraisers. Money collected is used to pay for the Junior Class Prom and the Senior Trip. It is not collected in registration and should be paid directly to a class sponsor.
· Freshmen –Pay $20 dues to Mr. Beard, Mr. Martens, Mrs. Whitten, or Mrs. Beard
· Sophomores – Pay $20 dues to Mrs. Walsh
· Juniors – Pay $20 dues to Mrs. Sturgeon
Attention Sophomores: Registration is open for the HOBY Leadership Summer Conference. Sophomores chosen to attend this conference will develop hands-on leadership activities, meet leaders within our state, and explore personal leadership skills. Interested students must exibit outstanding communication skills, strong decision-making skills, charismatic personality, and have participation and/or interest in community service. WHS will choose two HOBY Ambassadors from the students who apply. Please see Mrs. Chladny or Mrs. Damery if you would like to apply. Deadline to apply is November 13th.
Community Service Opportunities
· Sherman Elementary School is hosting their Scholastic Book Fair in conjunction with Parent-Teacher Conferences, and they need volunteers for various functions (set-up, baggers, poster puller, online ordering, customer helper, back-order volunteer, teacher wish list helper, and clean-up) to work two- or three-hour shifts on the following dates: Sunday, November 1—3:00-5:00 p.m.; Wednesday, November 4—3:45-5:45 p.m. and 5:45-7:30 p.m.; Thursday, November 5—12:30-2:30 p.m., 2:30-4:30 p.m., 4:30-6:30 p.m. and 6:30-8:00 p.m.; and Friday, November 6—7:45-9:45 a.m., and 9:45-11:30 a.m.; and Sunday, November 8—3:00-5:00 p.m. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.
Middle School is hosting their Scholastic Book Fair in conjunction with
Parent-Teacher Conferences, and they need volunteers for various functions
(set-up, baggers, poster puller, customer helper, back-order volunteer, and
clean-up) to work two- or three-hour shifts on the following dates: Sunday, November 1—3:00-5:00
p.m.; Thursday, November 5—12:30-2:30 p.m., 2:30-4:30 p.m., 4:30-6:30
p.m. and 6:30-8:00 p.m.;
and Friday, November 6—7:45-9:45 a.m., and 9:45-11:30 a.m.; and Sunday, November 8—3:00-5:00
p.m. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.
· New! Capitol Radio Group is sponsoring Zoolie Ghoulie at Henson Robinson Zoo and they need some help getting some of their giveaways prepped for the event. Volunteers will be stringing glow sticks onto necklaces that will be given away. Volunteers will be working at the offices of the Capitol Radio Group doing the work in preparation for Zoolie Ghoulie, and they are needed for Wednesday, October 21 and Thursday, October 22 from 4:00-7:00 p.m. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.
· New! Capitol Radio Group is sponsoring the Bridal Extravaganza at the Crowne Plaza on Sunday, November 15, 2015. They need volunteers to help with unloading and setting up the vendors from 7:00-10:00 a.m., working vendor relations during the event from 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., and cleaning up from 3:00-4:00 p.m. Volunteers may dress casually (jeans and t-shirts) for the unloading/setting up and cleaning up, but those working the vendor relations during the event need to be dressed nicely. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.
Boys Basketball Parent Meeting- There will be a mandatory parent meeting for all boys interested in trying out for Boys Basketball on Monday November 2nd at 6:30 p.m. in the high school gym. Both the athlete and at least 1 parent needs to attend. Please contact Coach Beard if there are any other questions.
Girls basketball will have a parent/athlete meeting on Oct. 26th at 6 pm in Coach Halford's room.
Congratulations to the following WHS Youth and Government 2015-2016 officers: Tucker Hirsch - President, Colton Weiss - Vice President, and Kaylee Nichols - Secretary-Treasurer
Youth and Government is selling Butter Braids, Cookie Dough, and Fannie May candy. These items are great for the holidays, so order now for November delivery!
Sherman United Methodist Kids Place is creating a list of students that babysit. The list will be made available to parents looking for sitters for their children on an occasional basis. Please email email@example.com with: name, contact phone and grade in school. List will be compiled until Friday Oct. 23 and published and distributed on Monday, October 26th.
Parent-Teacher Conferences November 5 & 6, Sign up online! CTRL-click on the link: