Lunch: Southwest pizza or Cheese quesadilla, tomato soup, celery sticks, diced pears, fruit slushie, ½ pint of milk
Youth and Government meeting: Tuesday, September 8 from 6-7 p.m. in Ms. Faloon-Sullivan's room. We will be finalizing roles, so please be there!
Cancelled - Boys Varsity Golf @ Porta Quad @ Shambolee – Match Cancelled
Cancelled - Girls Varsity Golf vs Lincoln/Plains @ The Rail – Match Cancelled
5:45pm - Boys Varsity Soccer @ St. Teresa High School, bus leaves at 4:00 pm
Lunch: Teriyaki chicken or Meatballs in orange sauce, brown rice pilaf, stir fry vegetables, baby carrots, mandarin oranges, mini honey grahams, ½ pint of milk
4:00pm - Girls Varsity Golf vs Pana High School
4:30pm - Boys Varsity Soccer @ Chatham-Glenwood High School (+ JV) – Bus leaves 3:05, dismiss 2:55 pm
Lunch: Loose taco or Crispy fish taco, buttered corn, shredded Rodb20150908e lettuce, salsa & tortilla chips, diced peaches, ½ pint of milk
4:00pm - Boys Varsity Golf @ Rochester/Taylorville @ Rochester – Bus leaves 2:50, dismiss 2:40 pm
4:00pm - Girls Varsity Golf @ Plains/Springfield @ Country Hills – Bus leaves 3:00, dismiss 2:50 pm.
4:30pm - Boys Varsity Soccer vs North-Mac (+ JV )
5:00pm - Varsity Volleyball @ Riverton High School (With Freshman Game) – Bus leaves 4:25pm
6:00pm - Freshman Football vs Gillespie High School
Lunch: Chicken nuggets, Fresh dinner roll, mashed potato OR baked sweet potato, seasoned green beans, rosy applesauce, ½ pint of milk
Bring some cash for the S.A.V.E. Club bake sale during both lunch shifts!
7:00pm - Varsity Football @ North-Mac – Bus leaves 4:35 pm
Varsity Volleyball at Mahomet Seymour Tournament – Bus leaves 7:00 am
· 9:30am - WHS vs Charleston High School
· 11:30am – WHS vs Fithian-Oakwood
· 01:30pm – WHS vs St. Joseph-Ogden
JV Volleyball Pawnee FR/SO Tournament - Bus leaves 7:45 am
· 9:15am - WHS vs Moweaqua- Central A&M (@ Pawnee GS)
· 11:15am - WHS vs Rochester High School (@ Pawnee GS)
12:15pm – WHS vs. Pawnee High School (@ Pawnee
10:00am - Cross Country @ Porta High School – Bus leaves 6:30 am
11:00am - Boys Varsity Golf @ Sangamo Conference Tournament @ Piper Glenn
Class Dues are collected every year by class sponsors in lieu of fundraisers. Money collected is used to pay for the Junior Class Prom and the Senior Trip. It is not collected in registration and should be paid directly to a class sponsor.
· Freshmen – Class of 2019 Class Dues – Pay $20 dues by October 1 to: Mr. Beard, Mr. Martens, Mrs. Whitten, Mrs. Beard
· Sophomores – Class of 2018 Class Dues – Pay $20 dues to: Mrs. Walsh
· Juniors – Class of 2017 Class Dues – Pay $20 dues to: Mrs. Sturgeon
What do you want to be when you grow up? The Medical Explorers Post 998 gives area high school students the opportunity to seriously explore this question before they finish high school. The program is open to any local high school students between the ages of 14 and 20 and meets one to two evenings a month from September through May. An introductory kick-off meeting for the 2015-2016 Medical Explorers program will be held Thursday, September 17th at 6 pm in the West Auditorium on the 2nd floor of the 801 North Rutledge building.
Jostens’ Oldest Ring Contest Winner: Lauren Heaton brought in a ring from 1928 and will get $25 off of her ring order!
Anyone interested in participating in SportsCare’s Fall Fitness event during the Williamsville Fall Festival should pick up a form to sign-up from Mr. or Mrs. Beard.
Community Service Opportunities
· The Sherman Area Chamber of Commerce is organizing a Sherman Homecoming this year. The Sherman Homecoming will be held August 28-30, 2015, on North Peoria Road in Sherman on the East Side of the The Rail Golf Course. There will be amusement rides, food vendors, craft vendors, concerts, kids’ activities and bands. They are specifically looking for volunteers to help with collecting the entry fee at the Main Gate, selling 50/50 tickets at the Main Gate, and helping with parking. Please see the sign-up sheet for available shifts. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.
· Sports Care is sponsoring the Williamsville Challenge in conjunction with the Williamsville Fall Festival on Saturday, September 12, 2015. Sports Care is looking for students who will help monitor each of the different events in the Williamsville Challenge for both the student (grades K-8) and adult (grades 9 and up). Volunteers will be needed from approximately 1:00-4:00 p.m. Please see Mr. Martens if you are interested or have any other questions.
· Lincoln Memorial Gardens is having their Indian Summer Festival on Saturday, October 10, 2015, and Sunday, October 11, 2015. Volunteers will most likely be helping in the Children’s Area working with the crafts and games, and shifts are 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. both days. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.
· Capitol Radio Group is sponsoring Zoolie Ghoulie at Henson Robinson Zoo from 4:00-8:00 p.m. on Friday, October 23, 2015, and 1:00-5:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 24 and Sunday, October 25, 2015. Volunteers will be passing out candy in the safe trick-or-treating event inside the zoo gates or working in the carnival area. Volunteers are also encouraged—but not required—to dress in costumes if they can. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.
· Volunteers are being sought to assist with the Sherman Holiday Wonderland, which will be hosted at the Sherman Athletic Club on Sunday, November 15, 2015. Proceeds from the Sherman Holiday Wonderland are put toward the Sharon Miller Scholarship. Volunteers will be needed on Sunday, November 15, 2015, helping venders unload from 7:00-9:00 a.m. and working the Welcome Table from 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., and additional volunteers are needed on Saturday, November 14, 2015, to help set up from 7:00-8:30 p.m. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.
· Sports Care is sponsoring the Women’s Biathlon on Sunday, September 20, 2015. Sports Care is looking for students who will help with the parking for the event, monitoring the course, working at the drink stations, and a variety of other functions. Volunteers will need to report for a volunteer meeting starting at 7:00 a.m. on the morning of the event inside Memorial Sport Care inside Kerasotes YMCA at 4550 W. Iles Ave. in Springfield, and they will need to bring the completed Volunteer Consent Form with you on the morning of the event. Please see Mr. Martens if you are interested or have any other questions.