Lunch: Chicken & noodles or Chili cheese wrap, soft dinner roll, buttered peas, fresh fruit, sliced pears , ½ pint of milk
There will be a meeting in Coach Halford's room for anybody interested in girls' basketball that is not participating in a fall sport Friday morning at 7:50 AM
Art club meeting on Friday after school
7:00pm - Varsity Football vs Breese-Mater Dei Catholic (H)
Help support After Prom by purchasing a ticket for their annual fundraiser at the football game tonight! $20 tickets are eligible to win throughout both November and December giving you 61 chances to win. After Prom representatives will be located near the Sports Boosters Clothing Trailer. Go Bullets!
Boys Varsity Soccer Four Corners Tournament @ Riverton – 8:00 AM & 9:30 AM
9:30 AM WHS vs. Taylorville
8:00 am - Cross Country @ Rochester High School – Bus leaves 6:15 AM
Class Dues are collected every year by class sponsors in lieu of fundraisers. Money collected is used to pay for the Junior Class Prom and the Senior Trip. It is not collected in registration and should be paid directly to a class sponsor.
· Freshmen – Class of 2019 Class Dues – Pay $20 dues by October 1 to: Mr. Beard, Mr. Martens, Mrs. Whitten, Mrs. Beard
· Sophomores – Class of 2018 Class Dues – Pay $20 dues to: Mrs. Walsh
· Juniors – Class of 2017 Class Dues – Pay $20 dues to: Mrs. Sturgeon
What do you want to be when you grow up? The Medical Explorers Post 998 gives area high school students the opportunity to seriously explore this question before they finish high school. The program is open to any local high school students between the ages of 14 and 20 and meets one to two evenings a month from September through May. An introductory kick-off meeting for the 2015-2016 Medical Explorers program will be held Thursday, September 17th at 6 pm in the West Auditorium on the 2nd floor of the 801 North Rutledge building.
WHS Boys varsity scores yesterday were 166, Pleasant Plains-155, Illini Central -163, Heyworth-173. Record -8-3. Individual score were Tucker Hirsch-39,Eli Reevis-40,Josh Gray-42, Reese Perrine-45.
WHS boys golf beat Pleasant Plains and Riverton yesterday WHS scored a 190 to Plains score of 223. Individual scores were Tommy Sagins 42, Zach Buscher, Coldin Calvert 44, Coltin Ratliff 53.
Congratulations to the 2015-2016 Class Officers
President: Bill Spaniol
Vice President: Providence Andrews
Secretary: Dawson Higginbotham
Sophomore Class Officers:
President: Cara Buckley
Vice President: D.J. Mumaw
Secretary: Allison Mool
Treasurer: T.J. Ater
Junior Class Officers:
President: Adam Clark
Vice President: Matt Neale
Treasurer: Joe Roscetti
Secretary: Zach Buscher
Senior Class Officers:
President: Colton Weiss
Vice President: Cody Evans
Secretary: Kaylee Nichols
Treasurer: Abbey Galusha
Next Youth and Government meeting: Tuesday, September 8 from 6-7 p.m. in Ms. Faloon-Sullivan's room. We will be finalizing roles, so please be there!
Community Service Opportunities
· Sports Care is sponsoring the Williamsville Challenge in conjunction with the Williamsville Fall Festival on Saturday, September 12, 2015. Sports Care is looking for students who will help monitor each of the different events in the Williamsville Challenge for both the student (grades K-8) and adult (grades 9 and up). Volunteers will be needed from approximately 1:00-4:00 p.m. Please see Mr. Martens if you are interested or have any other questions.
· Lincoln Memorial Gardens is having their Indian Summer Festival on Saturday, October 10, 2015, and Sunday, October 11, 2015. Volunteers will most likely be helping in the Children’s Area working with the crafts and games, and shifts are 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. both days. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.
· Capitol Radio Group is sponsoring Zoolie Ghoulie at Henson Robinson Zoo from 4:00-8:00 p.m. on Friday, October 23, 2015, and 1:00-5:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 24 and Sunday, October 25, 2015. Volunteers will be passing out candy in the safe trick-or-treating event inside the zoo gates or working in the carnival area. Volunteers are also encouraged—but not required—to dress in costumes if they can. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.
· Volunteers are being sought to assist with the Sherman Holiday Wonderland, which will be hosted at the Sherman Athletic Club on Sunday, November 15, 2015. Proceeds from the Sherman Holiday Wonderland are put toward the Sharon Miller Scholarship. Volunteers will be needed on Sunday, November 15, 2015, helping venders unload from 7:00-9:00 a.m. and working the Welcome Table from 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., and additional volunteers are needed on Saturday, November 14, 2015, to help set up from 7:00-8:30 p.m. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.