Lunch: Spaghetti with meat sauce or Italian meatball sandwich, strawberry spinach salad, ranch chick peas, diced peaches, cinnamon grahams, choice of milk
3:00pm - Boys Golf @ Maroa/Tri-Valley/ @ Hickory Point – Bus leaves at 1:50, dismiss at 1:40
4:00pm - Girls Golf @ Rushville High School – Bus leaves at 2:20, dismiss at 2:10
4:30pm - Boys Varsity Soccer @ Rochester High School (+ JV) – Bus leaves at 3:10, dismiss at 3:00. RHS charges admission for soccer. $5 for adults and $3 for students/seniors.
5:00pm - Volleyball @ St. Teresa High School (w/Freshman Game) – Bus leaves at 3:45
Juniors – Please pick up a packet of After Prom fundraising tickets
Lunch: Cheese pizza or Pepperoni pizza, creamy coleslaw, buttered corn, diced mango, fresh-baked chocolate chip cookie, choice of milk
7:00pm - Boys Varsity Football @ Auburn High School – Bus leaves at 4:45 pm
Sherman Homecoming - Choirs will perform at 11:00 am
8:30am - Boys Varsity Golf @ Greenview Invite – Bus leaves at 7:30 am
9:45am - Freshman Football @ Rushville High School (FR/SO Jamboree @ New Berlin) – Bus leaves at 8:00 am
12:45pm - Freshman Football @ Havana High School (FR/SO Jamboree @ New Berlin)
Boy Scout Car Wash- The Sherman & Williamsville area Boy Scout Troop 330 will be hosting a post-Sherman Homecoming car wash on Sunday, August 30th from 2:00pm to 6:00pm in the Illini Bank Community Center parking lot. We hope you can support us and bring us a dirty car to wash after the Homecoming activities!
Class Dues are collected every year by class sponsors in lieu of fundraisers. Money collected is used to pay for the Junior Class Prom and the Senior Trip. It is not collected in registration and should be paid directly to a class sponsor.
· Freshmen – Class of 2019 Class Dues – Pay $20 dues by October 1 to: Mr. Beard, Mr. Martens, Mrs. Whitten, Mrs. Beard
· Sophomores – Class of 2018 Class Dues – Pay $20 dues to: Mrs. Walsh
· Juniors – Class of 2017 Class Dues – Pay $20 dues to: Mrs. Sturgeon
Sophomores - Nominations are being taken for class officers for the Sophomore Class of 2018. A cumulative 2.75 non-weighted GPA is a prerequisite for students to be selected as class officers. And class dues must be paid up! Elections will take place on Friday, August 28 in English classes. Sign up in the office!
School Pictures – Monday, August 31 – Bring forms and money for the photographer on Monday. If you prefer to order online, please visit inter-state.com/order and use code: 01497K.
Youth and Government parent meeting in Room 101 from 6-7 pm on 9/2/15
Illini Bank has an opening for a part time teller. Interested students should come by the Sherman location to pick up an application. Applicants need to be available for after school hours.
JV boys defeated Riverton with a score of 137 to 161. Zach Buscher was medalist with score of 45. Ben McGhee shot a 46 and Coldin Calvert 48.
· President: Bill Spaniol
· Vice President: Providence Andrews
· Secretary: Dawson Higginbotham
Congratulations! The winners in the Senior Class Elections are as follows:
· President: Colton Weiss
· Vice President: Cody Evans
· Secretary: Kaylee Nichols
· Treasurer: Abbey Galusha
Community Service Opportunities
· The Sherman Area Chamber of Commerce is organizing a Sherman Homecoming this year. The Sherman Homecoming will be held August 28-30, 2015, on North Peoria Road in Sherman on the East Side of the The Rail Golf Course. There will be amusement rides, food vendors, craft vendors, concerts, kids’ activities and bands. They are specifically looking for volunteers to help with collecting the entry fee at the Main Gate, selling 50/50 tickets at the Main Gate, and helping with parking. Please see the sign-up sheet for available shifts. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.
· Sports Care is sponsoring the Williamsville Challenge in conjunction with the Williamsville Fall Festival on Saturday, September 12, 2015. Sports Care is looking for students who will help monitor each of the different events in the Williamsville Challenge for both the student (grades K-8) and adult (grades 9 and up). Volunteers will be needed from approximately 1:00-4:00 p.m. Please see Mr. Martens if you are interested or have any other questions.
· Lincoln Memorial Gardens is having their Indian Summer Festival on Saturday, October 10, 2015, and Sunday, October 11, 2015. Volunteers will most likely be helping in the Children’s Area working with the crafts and games, and shifts are 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. both days. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.
· Capitol Radio Group is sponsoring Zoolie Ghoulie at Henson Robinson Zoo from 4:00-8:00 p.m. on Friday, October 23, 2015, and 1:00-5:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 24 and Sunday, October 25, 2015. Volunteers will be passing out candy in the safe trick-or-treating event inside the zoo gates or working in the carnival area. Volunteers are also encouraged—but not required—to dress in costumes if they can. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.
· Volunteers are being sought to assist with the Sherman Holiday Wonderland, which will be hosted at the Sherman Athletic Club on Sunday, November 15, 2015. Proceeds from the Sherman Holiday Wonderland are put toward the Sharon Miller Scholarship. Volunteers will be needed on Sunday, November 15, 2015, helping venders unload from 7:00-9:00 a.m. and working the Welcome Table from 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., and additional volunteers are needed on Saturday, November 14, 2015, to help set up from 7:00-8:30 p.m. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.