Lunch: Mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce or Cheese ravioli in marinara sauce, garlic breadstick, California blend vegetables, sliced pears, choice of milk
Boys Soccer – Players should get changed and meet in Coach O’Connor’s room at 3:30
Juniors – Please stop by the Sports Boosters Annual Clothing sale at the Illini Bank on Monday, August 24, between 4-7 pm to pick up your After Prom packet.
Sports Boosters Clothing Sale will be held at the Illini Bank in Sherman on Monday, August 24, from 4-7 pm.
Lunch: Breaded chicken sandwich or Spicy chicken sandwich, sweet potato fries, warm cinnamon apples, pineapple chunks, choice of milk
Freshmen – Last day to sign up if you’d like to run for class office
Seniors- This is a reminder that you will be placing your graduation orders on Tuesday, August 25th. Please bring your completed form along with $60 deposit during lunch.
FCCLA –The first meeting will be Tuesday after school. Please remember to bring your form.
3:00pm - Boys Golf vs Havana/Hillsboro/Litchfield @ The Rail
4:30pm - Boys Varsity Soccer vs Urbana-University High SC (+ JV)
Lunch: Taco quesadillas or Toasted cheese sandwich, chicken fajita soup, baby carrots, applesauce, juice cup, choice of milk
3:30pm – JV Boys Golf @ Riverton High School @ The Oaks – Please dismiss at 3:00
Youth and Government student meeting in Room 101 from 6-7 p.m.
Lunch: Spaghetti with meat sauce or Italian meatball sandwich, strawberry spinach salad, ranch chick peas, diced peaches, cinnamon grahams, choice of milk
3:00pm - Boys Golf @ Maroa/Tri-Valley/ @ Hickory Point – Bus leaves at 1:50, dismiss at 1:40
4:00pm - Girls Golf @ Rushville High School – Bus leaves at 2:20, dismiss at 2:10
4:30pm - Boys Varsity Soccer @ Rochester High School (+ JV) – Bus leaves at 3:10, dismiss at 3:00
5:00pm - Volleyball @ St. Teresa High School (w/Freshman Game) – Bus leaves at 3:45
Lunch: Cheese pizza or Pepperoni pizza, creamy coleslaw, buttered corn, diced mango, fresh-baked chocolate chip cookie, choice of milk
7:00pm - Boys Varsity Football @ Auburn High School – Bus leaves at 4:45 pm
Choirs will perform at 11:00 am
8:30am - Boys Varsity Golf @ Greenview Invite – Bus leaves at 7:30 am
9:45am - Freshman Football @ Rushville High School (FR/SO Jamboree @ New Berlin) – Bus leaves at 8:00 am
12:45pm - Freshman Football @ Havana High School (FR/SO Jamboree @ New Berlin)
Boy Scout Car Wash- The Sherman & Williamsville area Boy Scout Troop 330 will be hosting a post-Sherman Homecoming car wash on Sunday, August 30th from 2:00pm to 6:00pm in the Illini Bank Community Center parking lot. We hope you can support us and bring us a dirty car to wash after the Homecoming activities!
Class of 2019 (Freshmen) are reminded they need to pay their class dues of $20.00 by October 1, 2011. Please pay your dues to Mr. Martens, Mr. Beard, Mrs. Beard and Mrs. Whitten.
Any freshman wanting to sign up to run for a class office may do so starting at the class meetings on Friday, August 21, 2015. The sign-up sheet is in the office on the counter. Class offices consist of: President, Vice President, and Secretary. Any student interested in running must sign up no later than 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday, August 25, 2015. A cumulative 2.75 non-weighted GPA is a prerequisite for students to be selected as class officers. Elections will be held on Wednesday, August 29, 2015, during their English classes.
Sophomores - Nominations are being taken for class officers for the Sophomore Class of 2018. A cumulative 2.75 non-weighted GPA is a prerequisite for students to be selected as class officers. And class dues must be paid up! Elections will take place on Friday, August 28 in English classes. Sign up in the office!
School Pictures – Monday, August 31 – Bring forms and money for the photographer on Monday. If you prefer to order online, please visit inter-state.com/order and use code: 01497K.
Youth and Government parent meeting in Room 101 from 6-7 pm on 9/2/15
Community Service Opportunities
· The Sherman Area Chamber of Commerce is organizing a Sherman Homecoming this year. The Sherman Homecoming will be held August 28-30, 2015, on North Peoria Road in Sherman on the East Side of the The Rail Golf Course. There will be amusement rides, food vendors, craft vendors, concerts, kids’ activities and bands. They are specifically looking for volunteers to help with collecting the entry fee at the Main Gate, selling 50/50 tickets at the Main Gate, and helping with parking. Please see the sign-up sheet for available shifts. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.
· Sports Care is sponsoring the Williamsville Challenge in conjunction with the Williamsville Fall Festival on Saturday, September 12, 2015. Sports Care is looking for students who will help monitor each of the different events in the Williamsville Challenge for both the student (grades K-8) and adult (grades 9 and up). Volunteers will be needed from approximately 1:00-4:00 p.m. Please see Mr. Martens if you are interested or have any other questions.
· Lincoln Memorial Gardens is having their Indian Summer Festival on Saturday, October 10, 2015, and Sunday, October 11, 2015. Volunteers will most likely be helping in the Children’s Area working with the crafts and games, and shifts are 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. both days. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.
· Capitol Radio Group is sponsoring Zoolie Ghoulie at Henson Robinson Zoo from 4:00-8:00 p.m. on Friday, October 23, 2015, and 1:00-5:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 24 and Sunday, October 25, 2015. Volunteers will be passing out candy in the safe trick-or-treating event inside the zoo gates or working in the carnival area. Volunteers are also encouraged—but not required—to dress in costumes if they can. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.
· Volunteers are being sought to assist with the Sherman Holiday Wonderland, which will be hosted at the Sherman Athletic Club on Sunday, November 15, 2015. Proceeds from the Sherman Holiday Wonderland are put toward the Sharon Miller Scholarship. Volunteers will be needed on Sunday, November 15, 2015, helping venders unload from 7:00-9:00 a.m. and working the Welcome Table from 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., and additional volunteers are needed on Saturday, November 14, 2015, to help set up from 7:00-8:30 p.m. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.