8:18am – Report to 1st period for attendance
8:25 – 9:04 – Freshmen – Group Meeting Juniors – Activity meetings
Sophomore – Bus evacuation/ Seniors – Class meeting
9:08 – 9:46 – Sophomore – Group Meeting Seniors – Activity meetings
Freshmen – Bus evacuation/ Juniors – Class meeting
9:50 – 10:28 – Junior – Group Meeting Freshmen – Activity meetings
Seniors – Bus evacuation/ Sophomore – Class meeting
10:32 – 11:10 – Senior – Group Meeting Sophomore – Activity meetings
Juniors – Bus Evacuation/ Freshmen – Class meeting
11:10am - Students report to 8th period classes. Faculty, please review fire drill procedures with your 8th period class.
11:15am – Fire drill
Purple & Gold Night
· 4:00 – Golf at The Rail
· 4:30 – Cross Country
· 5:00 – Boys Soccer
· 6:00 – Volleyball
· 7:30 - Football
1:00pm - Girls Varsity Golf @ State Preview Golf Tournament @ Red Tail Golf Course (Monticello, IL)
All members of the Class of 2019 (Freshmen) are reminded they need to pay their class dues of $20.00 by October 1, 2011. Please pay your dues to Mr. Martens, Mr. Beard, Mrs. Beard and Mrs. Whitten.
Any freshman wanting to sign up to run for a class office may do so starting at the class meetings on Friday, August 21, 2015. The sign-up sheet is in the office on the counter. Class offices consist of: President, Vice President, and Secretary. Any student interested in running must sign up no later than 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday, August 25, 2015. A cumulative 2.75 non-weighted GPA is a prerequisite for students to be selected as class officers. Elections will be held on Wednesday, August 29, 2015, during their English classes.
Juniors – Class of 2017 – It’s time to start raising money for After Prom! The annual Lottery Calendar Ticket fundraiser is ready to kick-off. Please stop by the Sports Boosters Annual Clothing sale at the Illini Bank on Monday, August 24, between 4-7 pm to pick up your After Prom packet.
Sports Boosters Clothing Sale will be held at the Illini Bank in Sherman on Monday, August 24 from 4-7 pm.
Community Service Opportunities
· The Sherman Area Chamber of Commerce is organizing a Sherman Homecoming this year. The Sherman Homecoming will be held August 28-30, 2015, on North Peoria Road in Sherman on the East Side of the The Rail Golf Course. There will be amusement rides, food vendors, craft vendors, concerts, kids’ activities and bands. They are specifically looking for volunteers to help with collecting the entry fee at the Main Gate, selling 50/50 tickets at the Main Gate, and helping with parking. Please see the sign-up sheet for available shifts. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.
· Sports Care is sponsoring the Williamsville Challenge in conjunction with the Williamsville Fall Festival on Saturday, September 12, 2015. Sports Care is looking for students who will help monitor each of the different events in the Williamsville Challenge for both the student (grades K-8) and adult (grades 9 and up). Volunteers will be needed from approximately 1:00-4:00 p.m. Please see Mr. Martens if you are interested or have any other questions.
· Lincoln Memorial Gardens is having their Indian Summer Festival on Saturday, October 10, 2015, and Sunday, October 11, 2015. Volunteers will most likely be helping in the Children’s Area working with the crafts and games, and shifts are 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. both days. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.
· Capitol Radio Group is sponsoring Zoolie Ghoulie at Henson Robinson Zoo from 4:00-8:00 p.m. on Friday, October 23, 2015, and 1:00-5:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 24 and Sunday, October 25, 2015. Volunteers will be passing out candy in the safe trick-or-treating event inside the zoo gates or working in the carnival area. Volunteers are also encouraged—but not required—to dress in costumes if they can. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.
· Volunteers are being sought to assist with the Sherman Holiday Wonderland, which will be hosted at the Sherman Athletic Club on Sunday, November 15, 2015. Proceeds from the Sherman Holiday Wonderland are put toward the Sharon Miller Scholarship. Volunteers will be needed on Sunday, November 15, 2015, helping venders unload from 7:00-9:00 a.m. and working the Welcome Table from 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., and additional volunteers are needed on Saturday, November 14, 2015, to help set up from 7:00-8:30 p.m. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.