Lunch: Rotisserie-seasoned chicken or Buffalo chicken nuggets, buttered corn, soft dinner roll, pasta salad, carrots & celery sticks, applesauce, ˝ pint of milk
6:00pm - Boys Freshman Basketball vs Maroa-Forsyth High School (@ WJHS )
6:00pm - HS Girls Varsity Basketball vs Mount Pulaski High School
Lunch: Chicken pot pie over biscuit or Chicago hot dog, seasoned green beans, sliced pears, apple juice, ˝ pint of milk
5:00pm - Varsity Scholastic Bowl @ Riverton High School (+ JV) – Bus leaves 4:30 pm
6:00pm - Boys Basketball @ New Berlin High School – Bus leaves 4:35 pm
Lunch: Pasta with meat sauce & garlic breadstick or Italian meatball sandwich, orange spinach salad, crispy Ranch chick peas, diced mango, ˝ pint of milk
Lunch: Beef & noodles or Chicken quesadilla, buttered broccoli, fresh fruit, chocolate chip mini cookies, ˝ pint of milk
4:30pm - Varsity Scholastic Bowl vs New Berlin & Plains (+ JV)
6:00pm - Girls Varsity Basketball @ North-Mac (@ Virden ) – Bus leaves 4:20 pm
AfterProm Committee meeting in the Library at 6:00 p.m.
Lunch: Lasagna cheese rollup or Cheese breadsticks, marinara sauce, sweetened sliced carrots, diced peaches, cinnamon grahams, ˝ pint of milk
Jazz Band – EIU Jazz Festival – Bus leaves 4:00
Potential NHS Candidates - Candidate Forms are due on Friday, February 6th for any potential candidates for NHS this year. The Candidate Forms need to be be turned in to Mr. Martens NO LATER than 3:30 p.m. All appropriate signatures and documentation that needs to accompany the form MUST be turned in at the the same time.
Jazz Band – EIU Jazz Festival
9:00am - Girls Varsity Basketball @ Tri-City High School (Tri-City/Sangamon Valley Freshman Shootout)
10:00am - Boys Freshman Basketball vs Chatham-Glenwood High School
11:40am - Girls Varsity Basketball @ Waverly High School (Tri-City/Sangamon Valley Freshman Shootout)
5:00pm - Boys Basketball vs Urbana High School
Sports Booster Dinner Dance: Be sure to join the Williamsville Sports Booster for their annual dinner/dance on Saturday, February 28, 2015 at the Northfield Inn and Suites in Springfield. Besides a night of fun and a chance to win great prizes, you will also help the boosters in their continued support of both Bee Bee and Bullet Athletics. For additional information or contact Debbie Price at 217-414-1330 or Michelle Buscher at 217-494-5475.
Attention Seniors: Need help finding scholarships? Sign up in the guidance office for an appointment for February 4th with guidance staff and ISAC representatives to help you find scholarships you are qualified for! The key is to apply for as many scholarships as you can!
Serenity Salon in Sherman is offering students special discounts on their services. Stop by the office for a flyer if you are interested!
Boys track and field practice for those not currently in basketball or wrestling begins on Monday, Feb. 9th. Student-athletes need to have all forms signed, a current physical, and the athletic fee turned into the office to participate.
Attention Seniors: The guidance webpage is loaded with college scholarships! March 1st is a BIG deadline for applications. Check out links to the following scholarship opportunities –
· The Community Foundation for the Land of Lincoln hosts a variety of scholarships for students in central Illinois, including the Jim Byron scholarship which is open solely to Williamsville High School! CFLL has nearly $70,000 in scholarships available in 2014!! Full details on each scholarship can be found on the Community Foundation's website at www.CFLL.org Applications are due March 1st.
· Henry Bunn Memorial Scholarship is awarded to high school students in Sangamon County who demonstrate financial need beyond reasonable levels of parent and self-help. Recipients must exhibit high moral character, industry, and good study habits. Students can pick up an application in the guidance office. For more information visit: CFLL.org The deadline for submission is March 1st.
· L. Scott Hoff Scholarship is open to seniors graduating from a Sangamon County with a record of service to Boys & Girls Club or similar fraternal or community organization. For more information visit: CFLL.org Due March 1st
· CIELO Medical Scholarship is awarded to students from Latino descent and pursuing specified medical profession at an institution within Sangamon County. For more information visit: CFLL.org Due March 1st
· Frontiers International Springfield Club Scholarship is given to African-American students (either male or female) and to applicants with substantial financial need. For more information visit: CFLL.org Due March 1st
· Girls on the Run Founder Scholarship is open to graduating female senior who participated in the GOTR of Central Illinois program. For more information visit: CFLL.org Due March 1st
· The Springfield Area Home Builders Association’s Robert E von Behren Memorial Scholarship is open to high school seniors pursuing a career in the building or construction industry. Recipients will be awarded $1,000 For more information visit: www.cfll.org. Due March 1st.
· The Mary Lou and Dwight Pitman Scholarship – is seeking applicants who have at least one older sibling currently enrolled in college and/or at least one younger sibling who plans to attend college. This is a $1,000 scholarship that is renewable. Apply online at www.cfll.org Due March 1st.
· The Bud and Helene O’Shea Construction Scholarship is open to students pursuing a degree in construction, engineering or architecture and demonstrate financial need. Two scholarships in the amount of $1,000 will be awarded. Apply online at www.cfll.org Due March 1st
· The Donald Lee Wolaver Memorial Golf Scholarship is seeking applications from members of the high school golf team. This scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $500. Apply online at www.cfll.org Due March 1st
· Illinois Women in Leadership Chrysalis Award will award three $1,000 scholarships to females who exhibit leadership qualities and strong potential/desire for professional growth. Apply online at www.cfll.org Due March 1st
· The Lori L. Kashmer Scholarship is open to students who plan to enter a program to pursue nursing, health, medical, or veterinary careers. Applicants must exhibit a passion for learning and demonstrate financial need. Awards are in the amount of $5,000. Apply online at www.cfll.org Due March 1st
· The Margaret Johnson Special Education Scholarship will award $600 to a senior planning to pursue a degree in special education, with the intent of teaching special education students. Applicants must demonstrate financial need. Apply online at www.cfll.org Due March 1st
· World War II Illinois Descendants Statewide Scholarship is open to applicants who are a direct descendant of a WWII Illinois Veteran and have a 4.0 GPA on a non-weighted scale (or be the projected valedictorian or salutatorian). Apply online at www.cfll.org Due March 1st
· Lincoln Land Community College Foundation Scholarship applications are available. The online application is available by going to http://www.llccfoundation.org/index.cfm?pID=1624 . Students will be considered for all scholarships for which they are eligible. The application can also be used to apply to the LLCC Honors Program and for consideration for the LLCC Trustees Honors Program Scholarship. Deadline to apply is March 2nd
· CWLP & the Illinois Municipal Utilities Association (IMUA) is offering four scholarship opportunities to eligible high school seniors. Applicants must be the child of residential customers of CWLP or another IMUA-member utility. Application packets are available at: http://www.cwlp.com/online/onlineforms/IMUAScholarship2015.pdf Apply by March 6th
· The IL Elks Children’s Care Cooperation invites seniors planning to major in physical therapy or occupational therapy to apply for a college scholarship. The scholarship is renewable for six years. Students must have a “B” average or higher to apply. Applications are available at http://www.illinois-elks.org/ccc/scholarship/index.htm Due March 13th
· The Illinois Retired Teachers Association Foundation is accepting applicants who will be accepted into a teacher certification program and who have a 3.0 GPA. $1,500 will be awarded each year. Applicants must be a Junior or Senior in college. Visit http://www.irtaonline.org/Scholarship.aspx for an application. Due March 7th
· The Sharon Miller Memorial Scholarship is now open to seniors and graduates who are planning to major in education. Applications are available in the guidance office. The deadline is March 13th.
· The Springfield Illinois Diocesan Council of Catholic Women is looking for female applicants for a high school senior leadership scholarships. Applications require home parish information, two letters of recommendation, involvement in extra-curricular, parish, and community activities, and a two page essay on Faith, Values, & Service. The winning submissions will be published in the IL Catholic Times Newspaper. Application information is available in the guidance office. Due March 21st
· The IL Elks Children’s Care Cooperation invites seniors planning to major in special education to apply for the Lydia Miller Scholarship. Students must have a “B” average or higher and demonstrate financial need to apply. Applications are available at http://www.illinois-elks.org/ccc/scholarship/index.htm Due March 27th
· The Orthopedic Center of Illinois Foundation (OCIF) is holding a scholarship competition for students in Sangamon County who are pursing a degree in a health related field. Applications are available online at: www.ocif.net The deadline is March 27th
· The Kathryn G Hansen Scholarship for students interested in business, secretarial, or office professional education is now open to high school seniors. Preference is given to those planning to attend the U of I. Applications are in the guidance office. The deadline to submit is Feb 23rd
· Plato and Flora McCourtney Foundation scholarships are awarded to Sangamon County graduates. Applicants must write a one-page essay on education or career goals and have at least a 3.0 GPA. Pick up an application in the guidance office and complete it by March 31st.
· First MidAmerica Credit Union is offering three $1,000 scholarships to students holding a MidAmerica account in good standing. Find an application at: https://www.1stmidamerica.org/new/1stMidAmerica_Scholarship_Application_2015.pdf Due March 30th