Lunch: Rotini with meat sauce or Italian meatball sandwich, garlic breadstick, strawberry spinach salad, pineapple chunks, ½ pint milk
7:00 pm Honors Night – WHS Gym
Parents and family members are invited to view The Senior Art Show. It will be open for viewing Thursday, May 8, from 6:00 - 6:45 PM. light refreshments will be served.
Last day to buy prom tickets for only $20 each!!
Prom Re-Enactment 7th & 8th Hours – Juniors & Seniors
4:30pm - Girls Varsity Soccer @ Lutheran High School – Bus leaves 3:00, dismiss 2:50
Lunch: Crispy chicken OR spicy chicken lettuce salad, diced tomato, fresh dinner roll, California mixed vegetables, ½ pint of milk
Early dismissal for LTECH
4:00pm - Track & Field @ Sangamon County Meet @ Pleasant Plains – Bus leaves 2:15, dismiss 2:05
JV Baseball @ Illini Central High School – Cancelled
6:30pm - Varsity Softball @ Normal University High School (+JV) (played at Illinois Wesleyan University) – Bus leaves 4:20
S.A.V.E. Club is playing games with you...We are having our 2nd installment of snacks, drinks, and board games for all who come to the library after school on May 9.
Spaulding Traffic Safety Fair: 2nd-4th Hour
10:00am - JV Baseball vs Springfield High School (DH)
10:00am - Varsity Baseball @ Southeast High School (DH)- Bus leaves 8:45
Promenade - Promenade will begin at 4:30 on May 10 at WHS. Doors will open at 3:30. Coronation will take place at promenade.
Prom – 8:00-11:00
Seniors: Sign up for Baccalaureate in the office. Baccalaureate will be held May 18, 2:00 PM, at the Sherman United Methodist Church.
Student Council applications for next year are in the office. Deadline to turn in is Monday, May 12.
· Prom tickets will be on sale Monday, May 5 - Thursday, May 8 at Lunch. The cost is $20 per person.
· Tickets will be sold Friday, May 9 in the office, the cost will be $40 per person. No tickets will be sold at the door the evening of prom.
· All class dues must be paid to date in order to buy a prom ticket.
· Promenade will begin at 4:30 on May 10 at WHS. Doors will open at 3:30. Coronation will take place at promenade.
Congratulations to the 2014 Prom Court:
· Kayla Bedolli and Simon Andrews
· Isabel Butterfield and Morgan Flynn
· Maggie Flynn and Jonathan Miller
· Rachel Rhodes and Tyler Nichols
· Ali Vignali and Ryan Scheffler
Congrats to the Girls Track team on an amazing finish at the Sangamo Conference Meet Tuesday night. Here are a few highlights:
· Amber Robbs finished 1st and set a new conference record by jumping 10'0 last night.
· Sophia Pensebene placed 4th in pole vault
· Jordan French won Discus and placed 6th in shot put
· Jade Coady placed 5th in shot put
· Rachel Rhodes won the high jump, 200 and 400
· Tia McCarty won the 100 and placed 2nd in the 200
· Abbey Galusha placed 2nd in the 800
· Bridget Rhodes placed 5th in high jump
· Cheyanna Michael won Triple Jump and placed 6th in long jump
· Becca Coughlin placed 6th in the 300 low hurdles and 4th in the 100 high hurdles
· Morgan Rottinghaus placed 6th in the 400 and 6th in the 100 high hurdles
· 4x8 (Galusha, Bergfeld, B. Rhodes, Coady) placed 3rd
· 4x1 (French, Coughlin, Pensebene,Michael) placed 6th
· 4x2 (Rottinghaus, McCain, B. Rhodes, McCarty) placed 1st
· 4x4 (Galusha, McCain, McCarty, R. Rhodes) placed 1st
Congratulations to the Bullet baseball team on their win over Plains last night!
Congratulations to the Lady Bullet softball team on their win over Plains last night!
Congratulations to the Lady Bullets soccer team on their win last night over Southeast!
Congratulations to the JV Baseball team on their win over Chatham last night!
Fine Arts Night – Tuesday, May 13 - The Band portion of the night will begin at 6:30 in the WHS db20140508 gym. The choral groups will follow starting around 7:45. As always, there will be a great art display in the hallway for your viewing pleasure.
Congratulations to the boys track and field team on their second place finish at the Sangamo Conference track meet Tuesday night at Athens. Leading the way for the Bullets with first place finishes were: Morgan Flynn (400m dash) and the 4x100m relay team of John Karras, Connor Icenogle, Ryan Scheffler, and Flynn.
Any boy interested in trying out for golf next year and missed the meeting last week, needs to call coach Trine at 415-5907.
UCP Summer Camp Volunteers Needed – See Jared Cordum for more infomation