Lunch: Crispitos or
Taco quesadillas, refried beans, tortilla chips, buttered corn, warm cinnamon
apples, choice of Milk
The Sangamon County Clerk's office will have a representative at WHS on Wednesday, January 22 to register eligible voters. All seventeen year olds can participate in the Illinois primary elections as long as they will be 18 by the November 4, 2014 General Election. The representatives will be here during both lunch shifts. Students must provide two forms of ID. One of those must have the student's current address.
7:00pm - Track Meeting - The boys and girls track and field parent-athlete night is Wednesday, Jan. 22nd at 7pm in the WHS cafeteria
Lunch: Chicken & noodles or Beef
& noodles, buttered peas, diced peaches, goldfish crackers, choice of Milk
FCA Cancelled Today
IMEA All State Music Conference at Peoria
5:00pm - Scholastic Bowl - (H) vs Pawnee/PORTA/Mt. Pulaski, WHS Players be here at 4:15 to setup
5:30pm - Boys Varsity Wrestling @ Heyworth High School
6:00pm - Boys Freshman Basketball vs Illini Central High School
6:00 pm - Baseball Open Gym
6:30 pm Girls Varsity Basketball @ County Tournament (Plains) – WHS
vs. Plains – bus time 5:15pm
Lunch: Cheese breadsticks or Garlic French bread pizza, marinara sauce, lettuce salad, broccoli coleslaw, fresh fruit, choice of Milk
6:00pm - Boys Basketball vs Porta High School
Girls Varsity Basketball
@ County Tournament - TIME T.B.A.
8:30am - Scholastic Bowl - PORTA Varsity Tournament, Van leaves 7:45 AM
9:00am - Boys Wrestling @ Rochester High School (Rocket Invite) – Bus leaves 6:30 am
10:00am - Boys Freshman Basketball @ Porta High School – Bus leaves 8:45 am
1:30pm - Boys Freshman Basketball @ Lutheran High School (Lutheran Tournament )
Baseball Open Gyms: All guys going out for baseball this year not playing basketball
· Thursday 1/23 6pm
· Tuesday 1/28 = Cancelled
· Thursday 1/30 6pm
Registration Forms – Please return to Mrs. Ramirez in the Guidance Office (Library)
After Prom is sponsoring Twilight Bowling on PRESIDENTS' DAY, SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 9-11 PM at Strike and Spare WEST!!! $15 to bowl for 2 hours and your name entered to win door prizes!
FCCLA and FFA will be selling Tickets for the Winter Formal the week before the dance February 3rd through the 7th. Ticket prices are $5.00 each. Tickets at the door will be $10.00 each. The dance will be held on Saturday February 8th from 8:00 - 11:00 pm.
Open House for High School seniors at ITT Tech on Saturday, February 1st from 10am-1pm at their location at 2501 Wabash Ave. Students will find out about the many opportunities that ITT Tech offers. Stop by guidance for more details.
Sports Booster Dinner Dance - The annual dinner/dance will be held on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at Poes on the Hill. Dinner (prime rib or roasted chicken) will begin at 7:00 pm with music from 8:00-11:00 pm. A $2500 grand prize as well as other cash prizes will be drawn throughout the evening. Tickets are $65 per person or $500 for a table of 8. Please contact Debbie Price at 414-1330 to reserve your tickets.
Anyone interested in attending the Snowball at Athens High School please see Mrs. Lorton. The deadline for participant applications is February 14th and the deadline for staff applications is January 24th. The cost is $25.00.
The S.A.V.E. Club is sponsoring a Jean Drive Competition the week of January 27-31. Please donate gently worn jeans of any size (kids-adults). The first hour class that donates the most jeans will receive breakfast (donuts, milk and juice) and braggin' rights.
Congratulations to the Boys Basketball team on winning the Sangamon County Tournament Championship on Saturday night!
Congratulations to the following students who received awards at the Illinois-Mid State Scholastic Art Awards. Mid-Central Illinois Region, Scholastic Art Awards Exhibition will be on display January 26-February 28, 2014, at The Springfield Art Association Gallery in Springfield. Students will receive their award(s) at a ceremony on Sunday, January 26, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. at Angela Hall on the campus of Benedictine University in Springfield, 1400 North Sixth Street.
The students receiving National Gold Key Finalist Awards will also be honored February 28, at the annual Honors Day at the Springfield Art Association. The National Gold Key and American Visions Nominees will have their pieces sent to New York via electronic imaging for further judging. Of the 914 entries submitted to the Thirtieth Annual Regional Competition, 260 pieces of art in fourteen categories, from 29 schools and 2 home schools, submitted by 38 teachers, were chosen for the 2014 exhibition. There are 59 National Gold Key Finalist (5 of which receive an American Visions Nominee Award) with 77 Silver Key recipients and 124 Honorable Mention Awards.
· Groovy Digital Art Emma Crawford Gold Key
· Flower Power Digital Art Emma Crawford Gold Key
· Crested Painting Tea Landsverk Gold Key
· A Coral Reef Ceramics Amber Robbs Gold Key
· Tractor Sculpture Ian Scheffler Gold Key
· Trees Digital Art Brianna Skeels Gold Key
· Tree Of Life Sculpture Erin Asper Silver Key
· Future Soldier Digital Art James Buzzell Silver Key
· Dazed Digital Art Emma Crawford Silver Key
· Pastoral Digital Art Emma Crawford Silver Key
· Whoooo Sculpture Abby Cribbs Silver Key
· Hypnotized Sculpture Tea Landsverk Silver Key
· Water-lilly Ceramics Kaitlyn Siders Silver Key
· The Plague Doctor Sculpture Brianna Skeels Silver Key
· Snoop Dog Sculpture Leah Benner Honorable Mention
· None Digital Art Samantha Benner Honorable Mention
· Mr. Miss Sculpture Caleb Bussen Honorable Mention
· Just Me Digital Art Jade Cheffy Honorable Mention
· Psychedelic Sight Photography Emma Crawford Honorable Mention
· Copasetic Digital Art Emma Crawford Honorable Mention
· Far Out Digital Art Emma Crawford Honorable Mention
· Discovery Digital Art Russell Konzelmann Honorable Mention
· Mother Ent Sculpture Tea Landsverk Honorable Mention
· Fly Sculpture Sarah Richardson Honorable Mention
· A Pop Of Flower Digital Art Amber Robbs Honorable Mention
· Treepot and Petal cups Ceramics Kaitlyn Siders Honorable Mention
· Bella Sculpture Kaitlyn Siders Honorable Mention
· Time Photography Brianna Skeels Honorable Mention
· She Just Wanted To Be Pretty Photography Brianna Skeels Honorable Mention