The second annual No Butts Left Behind Diaper drive is this week! FCCLA is challenging 4th hours to bring in the most diapers per student to help the Mini O' Beirne Crisis Nursery. All sizes of diapers are needed as well as baby wipes, liquid Lysol, winter clothes, and other baby needs. The winning class will receive a donut extravaganza party - So bring in those diapers for a great cause!
Lunch: Sliced beef & Cheddar sandwich or Maid Rite sandwich, soft pretzel, baked potato, seasoned broccoli, diced peaches, choice of milk
SAVE meeting before school Thursday in Mrs. Lorton's room. Please be here at 7:45.
Report Cards Issued Today
6:00pm - Varsity Volleyball @ IHSA Regional Final @ Pleasant Plains – WHS vs. Riverton – Bus leaves 4:30 pm.
Lunch: Southwest pizza or Cheese quesadilla, buttered peas, mango chunks, chocolate animal crackers, choice of milk
5:00pm - Youth & Government - Pre-Leg I
7:30 pm – Varsity Football – Playoffs Round 1 – WHS vs. Pana (H)
ATTENTION FRESHMAN AND SOPHOMORE FOOTBALL PARENTS and those parents who may have missed their scheduled regular season game at concessions: We are seeking parents to work this week’s playoff game at the concession stand on Friday. Please contact Pam Kovacevich 725-9170 or Michelle Buscher 494-5475 to sign-up. Those in need of service hours are also encouraged to sign-up to work concessions. Those working concessions will not be required to pay admission to the game.
IMEA All-District Music Festival at WIU
Daylight Savings Time – Turn your clocks back 1 hour!!
Williamsville High School will be conducting Parent/Teacher Conferences on November 7 and 8. We will be utilizing online scheduling. Please use the following link to sign up at your convenience. Tyler Casson will be holding appointments exclusively at the JH. Please call 566-3600 to schedule an appointment with Mr. Casson.
Boys Basketball: There will be a mandatory parent-athlete meeting on Monday, November 4th at 6:30 pm in the high school gym for any boys interested in trying out for boys’ basketball this year. Tryouts will be held November 11 and 12 for all boys not currently involved in a sport.
Community Service Opportunities If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Martens.
· Sherman Holiday Wonderland: volunteers are being sought to assist with the Sherman Holiday Wonderland, which will be hosted at the Sherman Athletic Club on Sunday, November 17th. Volunteers will be needed on Saturday, November 16th setting up tables from 7:00-8:30 p.m. and on Sunday, November 18th helping venders unload from 7:00-9:00 a.m.
· Sherman Area Chamber of Commerce—“Light Up the Village”: the Sherman Area Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring “Light Up the Village,” a Christmas decorating contest, at Sherman United Methodist Church on Saturday, December 21, 2013. The Chamber will need volunteers for set-up from 12:00-4:00 p.m. and to help with concessions during the even from 4:00-9:00 p.m.
· Cheerleading Team—Cheer Competition: WHS Cheerleaders will be hosting a Cheer Competition at the high school on Saturday, December 21, 2013. The exact time for the event has not yet been determined, but volunteers are needed for registration, concessions, and escorting/giving directions.
Congratulations to the Football team on their win over Auburn on Friday! This win secured the Conference Championship. Playoffs for WHS begin Friday at 7:30 pm!
Congratulations to the Lady Bullets Volleyball team on their win over Plains last night in the second round of Regionals. They play Riverton for the championship tonight!
Congratulations to the Boys Cross Country Team for advancing to Sectionals as a team, and to Annie Gantt for advancing as an individual!
High School Summer Scholars Program at Washington University in St. Louis: Get an early taste of college life while taking two undergraduate courses. For more information and application materials, visit: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-209-0691.
All Choir Students: This is YOUR chance to design the 2013-2014 choir shirts.
1. Submit a drawing of your design on a plain sheet of paper.
2. Use a separate sheet of paper for the front and back designs and staple them together.
3. Write your first and last name on each page and the word “front” or “back”.
4. The winner will be notified after November 5th.
The winner will receive a free shirt of his or her choice! Turn in all entries to your choir director (Mr. Hendrickson or Mrs. Cole) by Friday, November 1, 2013 at the end of school.