Lunch: Popcorn chicken or Spicy popcorn chicken, wheat dinner roll, mashed potato with country gravy, seasoned green beans, rosy applesauce, ½ pint of milk
Art Club will not meet this week
3:30pm - Girls Soccer Pictures
4:00pm - Track Pictures
Lunch: Soft taco or Fish taco with Baja sauce, diced tomato, shredded lettuce, tortilla chips, spicy sweet salsa, sliced peaches, ½ pint of milk
After school peer-tutoring for Thursday, March 7 is cancelled due to ISAT testing.
SAVE meeting Thursday morning in Mrs. Lorton's room
7:00pm - WHS Music Dept. Showcase
Lunch: Cheese garlic French bread or Pizza dippers, marinara sauce, buttered peas, pineapple chunks, animal crackers (sandwiches only), ½ pint of milk
Youth and Government meeting in Ms. Faloon-Sullivan's room during the last 15 minutes of both lunch shifts! ARRIVE ON TIME!
8:15am – Girls Track & Field @ Charleston
Invite - EIU
9:00am - ACT Review Class
Daylight Savings Time – Turn clocks forward 1 hour!
Congratulations to the Girls Track Team on an outstanding job at the Jacksonville Indoor Meet at Illinois College on Saturday. The team placed 5th overall out of 27 schools. Several people ranked in the top 8. Congratulations on the entire team on a job well done.
· The 4X 200 relay (Jade Coady, Caitlin McCain, Regan Stump and Tia McCarty) placed 3rd
· The 4 X 400 relay (Abbey Galusha, Caitlin McCain, Regan Stump and Rachel Rhodes) placed 3rd
· Amber Robbs placed 7th in Pole Vault
· Tia McCarty placed 6th in the 200m dash
· Rachel Rhodes placed 2nd in the 400m dash and was the winner in High Jump
· Abbey Galusha placed 7th in the 400m
NHS inductees and current members are reminded that the 2013 Induction Ceremony is scheduled for Tuesday, March 12, 2013, at 6:00 p.m. Attending the Induction Ceremony is mandatory for all members and inductees, and everyone should report to the choir (Room 110) no later than 5:30 p.m. There will be a reception with cake and punch immediately following the ceremony. Inductees are also reminded that they need to pay their $10 annual membership dues to Mr. Martens no later 3:30 p.m. on Monday, March 11, 2013, if they are wanting to be inducted.
Congratulations to all of the WHS music students who participated in last Saturday's IHSA Solo and Ensemble Contest at Porta HS. WHS students received more than 40 superior and excellent ratings for their outstanding musicianship, including 3 "Best of the Day" awards. Congratulations students!
"Best of the Day" award-winners were:
· 1-Mary Walden and Becca Williamson - flute and clarinet duet
· 2-Abby Deutsch, Hannah Levin, and Mary Walden - female vocal trio
· 3-Robbie Krebs, Jonathan Miller, Jacob Payne, and Tanner Smith - barbershop quartet
We hope you will join us for the WHS Midwinter Music Showcase Thursday night @ 7PM in the Jr. High Fine Arts Gym (featuring all of our bands and choirs)